How much does membership cost?
- Full Membership with access to all tools and equipment – $25 a month
- Family Membership (up to three three people) – $37.50 a month
- Student memberships are $37.50 per semester.
- Please contact us for corporate memberships
How do I join Wisconsin Makers?
- We would love meet you! Please visit the space during one of our public events (please check our Calendar) or contact us to find a time to visit. We would be happy to give a tour, answer any questions you may have, and introduce you to some of our members.
- Complete the application and submit in person. We will contact you to let you know when your membership is approved. You will receive a RFID fob that will then allow you access into the ‘space.
Do I have to be a member to come to the makerspace?
- Nearly all events listed on our calendar are open to the public. You can visit during a make and take, an open house, or come to participate in workshops and other demonstrations at the space. Some events and classes may have fees to cover instructors and materials. However, to use equipment at the makerspace you must be a member and have safety training on each piece of equipment.
What kind of training do I need to use the equipment?
- Members are allowed to use equipment once they have demonstrated that they can use the equipment safely. This may include a simple review of safety protocol for someone with experience, such as a carpenter using a table saw. Sometimes, it may be a longer process, such as a novice who would like to learn how to weld. For some equipment, a class may be required to be checked off on a piece of equipment. Let us know if you are interested in using a particular piece of equipment and we can put you in touch with someone trained on that equipment to give you an idea of the training necessary.
How can I donate money or equipment to your organization?
- Please contact us to organize a donation. The Wisconsin Makers are currently working towards a non-profit status.
Can I bring non-members to the space if I am a member?
- Members may bring a guest with them to the makerspace to visit or see a project. Non-members may not use any equipment and must fill out the Guest Liability Form.
What if I am under the age of 18?
- Because we have an educational mission, many of our events are open to people under the age of 18. We have hosted summer camps for kids in the past and may allow people under 18 years of age to attend with a parent or guardian. Please contact us if you are interested in having someone under the age of 18 participate in an event.
Can I hire Wisconsin Makers to build something?
- If you have a project or prototype you need built please contact us. While the Wisconsin Makers cannot be hired to build projects, we may have a member or know someone that can help you with your project.
Can I host my event at the makerspace?
- Yes! The large group area of the makerspace is available to rent. Bathrooms are available and the building is handicapped accessible. We have a large screen projector and computer available. We also have meeting rooms available if privacy is a concern.
- As a member, you can reserve the common area for your group once per month. Please contact us so we can put it on the calendar for you.
What type of equipment do you have?
- Please visit our Equipment page for a list. We are always getting new equipment and have many small items that may not be listed.
My question isn’t on this list!